Yes, Yes, beloved! You were made to succeed at life! At an abundant life, full of genuine love, joy, hope, faithfulness, and peace. I decree & declare that you absolutely DO NOT have to keep watching success pass you by! That’s why Christ came to give you eternal life, so you can have it more abundantly!
Since before the fall of man, God had a plan! A plan to help you dodge the curve balls that comes at you during the journey. In episode 13, of (Pod)Casting Potential, Fed Up With Your Current Plan? Find Out How to Get An Upgrade!, it tells you that you can, indeed, get a plan upgrade. And, it starts by getting Anchored in Faith.
With that in mind, I’d like to answer a few questions some of you may have had since listening to it. The following are some tips on recognizing and sticking to God’s plan for your life, because there are impostor plans out there that you truly wouldn’t want any part of! Others of you may have wondered if it’s too late for you to get back on God’s plan track, if you got off for any number of reasons. And, lastly, some might have innocently mistook God’s plan track to be the “easy” track; only to ask yourselves, “If I’m in God’s Will, why does this still seem so hard?” Keep your head up, beloved, stay encouraged! For, Les Brown once said, “Do what is easy and your life will be hard. Do what is hard and your life will become easy.” Beloved, God never promised “easy”, but His way is exponentially best & more fulfilling. Sometimes it’s just a matter of knowing a little bit about the plan!
In my previous career, as well as now in running my own business, I’ve done some project management. In a position of a project manager, project plans need to be drawn up. It has overall project milestones to complete. Within those, there are what’s called work breakdown structures. These detail out necessary steps to eventually get the whole job done. As managers, who are also leaders, those we lead need to know what is expected of them. What do they need to do in order to contribute to the plan’s goal? Beloved… God, His Angels that do His bidding, the people He places in your life, and you, are a team. Acknowledging God as the Head, as the Leader of your life is absolutely essential and the first thing to recognizing His plan for you. As well as, knowing what you are supposed to do at any one level of that plan. Leaving God out of your plans is like attempting to navigate a ship, without a Captain, out on ocean waves, or flying a plane through the air ways, never having charted a course to a destination that you’ve only had a glimpse of. Beloved, you need God for direction through the entire journey because He’s the Captain who charted the course. As project managers do, God will reveal to you what you need to know for that time, while not revealing the entire plan to you. After which, you will be enabled to…
Recognize & Keep Track of God’s Plan by looking for these top three things:
- Several Upgrades, Building One Upon Another – God’s plan track has several upgrades, while the other bounds you for downgrades that steer you off course! The Father loves and accepts you as you are but will never leave you where He found you. He’s looking to use you for something greater than you have imagined for yourself. That means though He created you equipped for purpose, He’s got to prime you for purpose at each stage. You’ll go through stages of expansions, to stretch you beyond your current state so that you’re shaped into all you need to be at the next phase of the plan. His plans never decreases you, but increases you in wisdom and character; in patience and endurance; and more. Expect enlargement while keeping in mind that…
- God Induced Expectations Meet the Match – What begins to manifests in the natural should match what He’s already promised you and will be an “Upgrade” for you, not a downgrade. In other words, it should be either preparing you where you are for where you’re going. Or, propelling you to step into a new thing. Both, without you having to compromise dignity and peace. In project management, the manager will give the overall vision of the goal of the project, it’s expected output. Then along the way, each member of the team will be informed about next steps. If the steps taken begin to yield or even look like they will yield something opposite of what the leader expected, something is off track. To illustrate my point, consider, in Luke 19:30-34 when the disciples were given a task by Jesus to find a tied up colt, loose it, and bring it to Him. When they got to where He told them to go, what He told them to expect to find was there. If they had of mistaken the address or the instructions and ended up in the wrong place, they would not have found what He told them to expect. Also, know that God does not say something then change His mind. If He told or showed you something, you can believe that anything different is not part of the right track. This point includes people.
Other people’s God induced expectations of what their part in an overall plan, with you, matches what God has communicated to you, as well. Those who are essential parts of your plan, covenant partners, covenant relationships, will be the ones encouraging you forward towards what God has conveyed to you for the plan that you all are a part of. Though you all may not have had the same exact message from The Lord, their visions aligns with yours and your vision aligns with theirs. Each of you will know where the other fits, so to speak, enabling all of you to be all that God has called you to be, without doubt, without contention. Consider this, Amos 3:3 says, “Can two walk together, except they be agreed?” If you are in agreement with God, walking with Him in His Spirit, and some others come to you saying things that are not in agreement with what He’s told you, the proper required unity won’t commence and remain, due to division caused by walking in different directions. And, in the case that you decide to abandon what God says, to follow what others say, you will end up getting off track. This reminds me of when I was listening to a pastor during my walk around the neighborhood on a warm sunny Saturday morning, and something he said has stuck with me until this day. In helping his listeners to recognize the right people vs. the wrong people in their lives, he said, “If God be for me, in what I’m doing, why are YOU against me?” That’s something to keep in mind, beloved. Because the enemy sends people who will take advantage of you, but God sends people who will Advance you! And, in those God ordained relationships and partnerships, you will find peace.
- Peace is Par for the Course – You will have inner peace during the course of carrying out your part of the plan, as your own actions keep integrity and dignity in tact. Because God will never require you to act out of His Will to remain in His Will. Often temptation to cross over the line to obtain something that you think is in the Will of God, in a way that is displeasing to God, is the enemy attempting to derail you. If a point comes when you feel you’ve done all you know how to do with honesty and integrity, and the only ideas that come to mind are ones that are not dignified, keep praying and wait on The Lord to do His part. He will make a way out of no way, where needed.
These top three things, looking for the upgrades, God induced expectations, and peace can help you to recognize and keep on God’s plan track. This is all good for those of you who may now realize that you are right on track. For others, however, you may have identified one or more discrepancies in your plan. But don’t be discouraged! There’s a way to…
Get Back On the God Plan Track
For one or more of many reasons, you may have gotten off the God plan track, but God is a God of
second, uh no… I’d say, many chances. Don’t think because this may be the third or ninth time you’ve derailed, that there’s no getting it right. That’s a lie from the pit! The Lord will provide you ways off the wrong track and back onto the right one, no matter how many times you got off, no matter how you got there, and no matter how long you’ve been there! I have worked with quite a few people, like ex-offenders for example, whom I’ve seen God help to put back on track. Sometimes, it’s back on the original plan track. Other times it’s a new God plan track that is now a replacement for one that cannot be reinstated. The only need is a willingness to take His provided way back, be more attentive, and obedient to the Holy Spirit’s leading. This will help you to become increasingly aware of the enemy’s schemes, so you can avoid them. God loves you, beloved! Which means He will warn you to keep you from getting off track, just as Psalm 19:10,11 tells us; “His teachings are worth more than pure gold. They are sweeter than the best honey dripping from the honeycomb. His teachings warn His servants, and good things come to those who obey them.” Therefore, hope is not lost. Life can still be successfully lived. Though, it won’t always be a walk in the park. Regardless of that fact,…
Challenge the Challenges of God’s Plan Track
Challenge the challenges of God’s plan track because many times the challenges come to challenge YOU! And, God uses them to build you, to upgrade your faith, upgrade your strength, and to upgrade your courage. Courage is not the absence of fear, but it’s the forging ahead in doing what is right despite the fear. Throughout Scripture, we are told do not be afraid, but be courageous, because God is with us. This is because God’s plan track does not come problem free. Just as Joshua, Caleb and the other 10 spies, in Numbers chapter 13, had to face giants to get their grapes in the promised land, so at times will that be the same for you. Which one or more of these seem to be the giants that makes your God plan track challenging?
- Swapping Something Old for Something New – Sometimes God’s plan will require you to let go of some things or people; letting go of what you think is good, to take hold of what God knows is great. That can be a big challenge for some. Be assured, He doesn’t do that simply to take things from you, but to make room for the greater things He’s wants to get to you. He doesn’t want the throne of your position; He only wants the throne of your heart, to be the King of your life. You are more than a conqueror, beloved! So, once you conquer this one, it may help to stave off…
- Delays Causing Second Guess of what God Says – Sometimes a clear message from God regarding His plan for you may be followed by a period of seemingly no change, causing you to begin to wonder if God is really in it. Beloved, He’s in it and He has not changed His mind. Second Peter 3:8 mentions; “But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.” What you think should be the timing on a thing happening, may not be the timing God has set. Though, you don’t have access to His project plan schedule for you, you can trust His impeccable timing, because He’s truly a right on time God!
He knows what you need before you even know you need it. So, at times delays are used as a way to set you apart. To set you apart from all you’ve been through. Lifting you up. To be made steady. And, to show you His faithfulness that will fill you with joy beyond your comprehension. It’s to set you apart to prepare you for future service to Himself. And, any setbacks you’ve encountered you’ll see He’ll use as step ups!
Additionally, you are now, as having been grafted into the family of God through faith in Christ, part of the Kingdom of Heaven. See what Jesus says in Mark 4:26,27:
“He also said, ‘This is what the kingdom of God is like. A man scatters seed on the ground. Night and day, whether he sleeps or gets up, the seed sprouts and grows, though he does not know how.’”
You have seeds of greatness planted in you, Child of God! Just as the seed that the man planted were undergoing a process that he could not see, so are you! You know in your spirit something is there because God’s given you a few clues, and you haven’t yet seen yourself sprout. But, Throw out the doubt! God is behind the scene working it all out! Soon, before you know it, you will bloom where you’re planted!
During this time of being planted, seemingly kept in the dark about many things, it causes…
- Certain Uncertainty – God’s plans for you always look bigger than you can imagine yourself handling but He has Provision for the Vision prepared! Trust Him because He didn’t draw up the plan for you to carry it out without Him. And since His plans always look bigger than you can imagine, you won’t always know each and every step of the plan. In any case, don’t let that stop you! Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Said “Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.” And 2 Corinthians 5:7 says “…we walk by faith, not by sight.” So, it’s being deservingly kind to yourself when you meet yourself where you are, even when no one else can, by using what you’ve got, with what you know how to do, until you get what you need. Meanwhile, place in God’s hands any worries of…
- Injections of Rejections – It takes strength, that I know you have through Christ who strengthens you, to resist quitting at closed doors, when you know you are on the right plan track. They were closed to keep you on the right track. God uses rejection as redirection and protection. Since He opens doors no one can shut and closes doors no one can open, that means closed doors you encountered weren’t meant for you. Know that in patience & gratefulness, great and grand doors He has planned for you will open! They’re there, beloved! They are there! Keep going despite the…
- Giant Opposition – There is a spiritual battle going on in the heavenly realms. God wants you on His team and the enemy wants you on his. So, the closer you get to fulfilling God’s plan for your life, the more the adversary will attempt to get you off track. Know this for certain, if you don’t give up and determine to stay on track, no one can stop the plans of God for your life! Any weapons sent to steal your destiny, will not prevail! Why? Because Jesus already secured your victory by way of a fixed fight! Therefore, I decree and declare over you that you will NOT trip, stumble, or falter unto failure to arrive at your destiny and fulfill your purpose. You shall wildly succeed in life: in private and in public, in personal and in professional, as you walk in the Spirit being led by the Spirit! In Jesus Name!
Beloved, Proverbs 16:3 NIV says “Commit to The Lord whatever you do, and He will establish your plans.” When you begin to recognize & keep track of what The Lord’s plan is for you, get back on track if you need to, and be determined to challenge the challenges of the giants that come with growing into greatness, you will be taking the right steps in committing what you do, to God, as you align yourself to claim His plan for you as the one you are to pursue. Releasing what’s comfortable, despite uncertainties, requires you to trust what God says in Jeremiah 29:11; “‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’” It’s to give you a wonderful future that may, right now, only look uncertain because what’s ahead of you is what “…no eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined the things that God has prepared for those who love Him.” 1 Corinthians 2:9 And, all that means for you, beloved, is that what’s ahead is a Good Thing because it’s a God Thing!
It is my prayer for you, Child of God, “…that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you…” (Ephesians 1:18) and as you align the desires of your heart with His, “May He give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.” (Psalm 20:4 NIV)
In Jesus Name. Amen.
Love you with the Love of God!
Lukeisha Carr, BCACLC
Your Biblical Life Coach, Coaching you to Live Your Abundant Life in Christ!